Sunday, June 5, 2011

A New Friend. . .

Phew! It's been awhile since I posted, but today was an exciting day so I just had to share. No, it's not crafty. But it is exciting. First of all, I got to play in the garden this morning. Hooray! I spent about an hour weeding and planting a few more squash, eggplant, cucumber and basil transplants. Everything is finally looking decent. Not great yet, but decent. There's something very gratifying about weeding a garden. After all the fun I had playing in the dirt I needed a shower, which I took. What I did not need was to have a new friend when I got out of the shower. In my bedroom. Just hanging out. Yep, there he was. This fellow.


Notice I took the picture after  he was safely out of the house. This guy is a king snake, totally harmless, well, at least non-venomous. Luckily I'm not afraid of snakes (I think they're cool) and was able to broom him out of my bedroom in a timely fashion. The best part about him though, copperhead snakes are on his menu. Normally I'm not an advocate of killing venomous snakes just for the sake of killing venomous snakes. But I'm also not a fan of copperheads living in my yard with a young baby crawling around. So Mr.King Snake go do your job! And don't come back in the house please.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That's very scary! So glad he's "safe". We found the skin of a copperhead in our yard, while the hubs was out of town. I choose to believe a bird brought it there.

    ReplyDelete