Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a whirlwind around here lately!  I feel like so much has happened in the last couple of weeks I just need a minute to catch my breath.  First of all everyone in our house shared a round of viral pneumonia {that was fun. . .}, then my phone broke, then the car died, then I discovered some weirdness going on in the garden, then I made some stuff, then we found out that a dear family member has cancer, and then, my baby turned two today.  How did that happen? 

Anyhow, I'm finally in a blogging state of mind again and I have so many ideas for projects I'm having a hard time jotting them down quick enough!  Hopefully when school starts next week I'll be able to keep a {semi} regular schedule and share some really cool projects with you.  

For now, this is what I've been working on:

My August Block for the Cheer. Circle of Do. Good Stitches.

August Block

I was convinced that the requested colors would be horrible together and that I would hate this block.  Fortunately, I was wrong.  I love the way this block turned out!  One of the reasons I wanted to join a quilting bee was to stretch myself as a quilter.  I knew that there could be months I possibly wouldn't enjoy a particular color scheme or that I would be challenged to try new patterns and this was definitely one of those months.  

I started out ho-hum about the pattern and with serious doubts about  the colors.  Wow, am I glad that I just went with it!!  I would probably never have put these colors together, but I love it.  I'm going to be sad to send this off.  {I'm almost always sad to send off my handiwork}

I have more projects to show you but it's time to get Chickadee off to Nutcracker rehearsal and Birthday Boy is still in his birthday suit so I have to run for now.  I'll be back SOON!!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment