Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The thing about a blog is

That you have to understand how they work. At least sort of. When I started this blog, on the first day I looked at the stats and saw that seven people had checked it out. "Yay" I thought. Seven whole people checked me out! Then the second day eighteen people had looked at my new blog. "I rock" I nearly shouted. By the third and fourth days I was up in the thirties even. The proper booty dance ensued. Use your imagination and yes, I am that good. 

Then came the fifth day. Sad, sad fifth day. Fifth day was when I noticed the "Don't track your own page view" icon. Yep, I probably should have noticed that before. And then turned off my own looksies. Sadly this was not the case. How many times did I check out my own blog? I don't really know. I do know that the more page views I saw the more I looked. Darn that little icon barely visible right there, smackdab in the middle of my screen! Just. . .darn.

The moral of the story is if you're going to start your own blog beware of the "Don't track" button. You can decide for yourself whether you want to turn off your own views or not. As for me, I think I'll keep tracking, you know, just for now. And if you are reading this. Thanks. I love you man.

1 comment:

  1. LOl... I just noticed that little icon on my blog,too! ( for me,also day 5). Anyway, great blog you have.

    ReplyDelete