Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hurray for . . .

Renae! It's another dreary day here but I'm so excited. I finally (almost) finished the quilt for Renae. For those of you who don't know, Renae is the wonderful blessing who came and stayed with me for over two weeks just to help deliver my baby Gus last year. I truly could not have survived not only the delivery but the terrible case of Crankypantitis I developed those last couple of weeks.
On one of her visits the year before Gus was born Renae found a lovely quilt at Pottery Barn she liked. Of course I quipped "I can make that, only better." So we went fabric shopping last summer and I  came up with this. . .









And made this. . .
Now all I have to do is get the backing ready and send it off to be quilted. I would quilt it myself but it's too big for my little machine and I would like it to be done sometime in this century. You know, as excited as I am to get this finished and off to it's forever home, it sure looks mighty good on my bed. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment