Saturday, July 16, 2011

House Things

Last month we went to visit friends in Virginia and family in Ohio and the thing that struck me the most when I got home was just how bare my house is. I don't mean empty. Just not decorated. I don't have a lot of pictures on the walls. No art. No cohesive themes. Unless of course toys scattered everywhere in every room counts. Or dog fur. So I'm going to spruce up a bit around here. I wasn't going to blog about the sad state of my house at first. Not because I don't love you all, but because I secretly want everyone to believe that my house is beautifully put together and everything is always perfectly in it's place. That's just not so. We live in our house. My kids play here, my dogs shed here, sneaky snakes find their way in, we track in sand from the beach and dirt from the garden, and I love it. And I know that most of my friends live in their houses too. So. I'm going to show you my not-so-perfect house and my endeavors to make it more beautific. No, really, that's a real word. Beautific. Doesn't it just roll off your tongue?

Since I'm not a bajillionaire I'm going to go slowly as time and my budget allows. I'll try to remember to take "before" pictures and not just skip straight to the "better" pictures. I'm starting with the guest/kids' bathroom. I decided on a chic, underwater, mermaid, sea creature theme. It's going to be so much fun! I can't wait to share all of my projects. So far my list includes a seashell mirror, new shower curtain, tentacles wall hooks and some art. Be sure to let me know what you think as I go! That way I don't do anything too crazy when the clevers attack. Hopefully.

So here goes. Here is my "before" picture of the small hall bathroom. 


 Hmm, wish I had thought of closing the toilet seat before right this minute. Oh, and the drawer.





Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. . . I decorate with Dog fur,too! Headed your way Saturday and staying until Wed.

    ReplyDelete