Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mendocino and Birthdays

I finally did it.  I cut some of my Mendocino fabric.  It was a little nerve wracking, but not as much as I thought.  The fact that it was for someone wonderful helped a lot.  I made some plans last night for a couple of last minute birthday gifts for two of my favorite people.  Their birthdays are two days apart, the first is this Friday and the other is this Sunday.  {Of course} I decided last night to make gifts to send 700 or so miles away.  I'm making the Perfect Zip Bags from Oh Fransson!  I finished piecing the first patchwork block this morning and  I should be able to finish both bags by tonight.  Since the two lovely ladies live close to each other, I really want both bags to go in the mail at the same time.  With any luck I'll get them out tomorrow morning first thing and they'll have them on Saturday.  Right in between their respective birthdays. 

I thought about drafting my own pattern but there are already so many good ones out there and realistically, I don't have time to perfect a pattern in one night.  Besides, I really love Oh Fransson's! {Elizabeth Hartman's} bags.  

So what do you think of the first round of patchwork?  Me?  I'm in love.  

P1060075

I'll be sure to take pictures before I put the bags in the mail.  

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment