Tuesday, September 11, 2012

6 Projects in 6 Weeks. . .

Or "Am I Crazy?".  A is off to Charleston for the next six weeks and with all of my spare time I'm going to challenge myself to finish a project a week.  Some of the projects are already started so I'm confident that it is possible.  I might not sleep for the next month and a half but that's what coffee is for.  

In no particular order here are the players:

Floralicious for me!

This fabric is destined to be a new purse just for me.  I can't wait to start this one since I desperately need a new bag!

Next up is the shoulder bag for my A's mom.  This will be either her Christmas or birthday gift.  I haven't decided yet.

Awesomized

This is the entrelac pillow I started this weekend.  The colors of the yarn and the cooler air outside are whispering that fall is coming.  Hooray for cooler weather!  I finally turned off the air conditioner this morning and opened all the windows.  Ahh, sweet, fresh air. 
 
Entrelac Pillow

All women, deep in their hearts, love cowboys.  I didn't run away with any cowboys in my life (well not yet anyway) but I did start this cowboy quilt.  Which I love.  I started piecing this an embarrassing number of years ago.  It was languishing because of a mistake that needed taking out.  I just un-pieced and then re-pieced most of the top in the past week due to a friend's cajoling.  Thanks Mel!

Cowboy Quilt

I've had the fabric for this gem longer that I've had the Cowboy Quilt.  I bought the all the fabric for a quilt and then decided that I didn't really like the pattern after all.  One night while sitting on the couch and staring at my fabric for awhile it hit me: the fabric wanted to be a plus quilt.  All this little beauty needs is to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.  Easy peasy right?

Plus quilt

That brings my total queue to five.  I have a few more options waiting in the wings.  I haven't decided yet which one it'll be.  Although at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to get five projects done in six weeks.  

Wish me luck!
~A



1 comment:

  1. I want to see what kind of bag you make with those beautiful and bright fabrics!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete