Thursday, April 26, 2012

Addie's Quilt

Addie's quilt is sewn (with much love), quilted (with more love) and gifted (to be loved).  I made it a generous 70" square so that she won't outgrow it.  Plus, there's more room for Mommy and Daddy that way!  

P1050724

I free-motion quilted this colorful baby blanket.  It was quite the adventure.  I had never done it before and only attempted it this time because 1) I didn't want to take the time to send it off to be quilted,  2) stitch in the ditch was to boring for Addie and 3) I wanted to see if I could.  Turns out it's fun.  Really, really fun.  My first few attempts were, shall we say, less than good.  Way less.  I'll have to show you those feeble first tries sometime.  Once I got the hang of it though, wow!  Did I say how fun it was?  I can't wait to finish up my next quilt just so I can do some more.  

P1050722

P1050721

My quilting is far from perfect but I had such a great time, I didn't even care.  Now I'm off to start my Super Secret Project.  Hooray!

P1050678

A pre-quilted picture.  I definitely need to practice my photography skills.  This is my best picture of the entire quilt.  Eeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment