Okay, so I have a Super Secret Project that I need to have finished in about four weeks. It's definitely possible but it means that I can't muck about. So this past weekend I cut out all my fabric pieces on Saturday then sat down to sew on Sunday. So excited!!!
Only, my pieces weren't cooperating. At all. I stretched and fiddled and cursed. Then I sat back and and cursed some more. I had cut every single piece at least an inch too small. And I didn't have enough fabric to simply re-cut the pieces. Darn. Double Darn.
I took a deep breath, remeasured my pieces and ordered more fabric. Luckily it arrived yesterday and I almost frantically ripped open the package, laid out the fabric and *&%$@. I didn't order enough. Argh! Triple argh!!! Luckily, the pieces from my first mistake, fit together with the pieces from my second mistake, well enough to make the project the way I envision it. Crisis averted. Now barring any future errors, in or out of my control, I should be on my way.
Here's a tiny sneak peak at what I'm working on.