Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bandwagons

I'm not a fan of bandwagons.  I tend to avoid them as much as possible.  It's not that I don't admire popular projects or techniques, I've just always wanted to think of my creations as completely my own.  I know that it's not possible to not be influenced at all by other people's work.  It would be silly to think that every single idea I have springs from some completely new universe of creativity.  I just like to hold on to the idea that I am Original.  Just me.  So, despite how amazingly interesting and cool I think that selvedge quilts are I have refrained from joining in the strippy fun.  Until now.  What changed my mind? 

 These little guys.  

P1050963
P1050964
Organized.


Aren't they adorable?  I've been dreaming of what wonderful things I can make with them.  I liberated them from the edges of the Little Apples line of fabric I used for Chickadee's teacher's quilt.  I have more waiting.  Hmm. Selvedges.  

Here are some of the quilts  {and not quilts} I found as inspiration.  Enjoy.


1. Pillow talk swap - received close up, 2. Selvage Clutch Purse, 3. Selvage Book Cover, 4. selvagebag, 5. Bookshelf, 6. Pillow from Selvedges, 7. Midwest Quilt Show, 8. Salvaged Selvedges (2009), 9. selvedge bag, 10. My very own lap quilt, 11. Selvedge Quilt Top, 12. Spring Selvage Postcards


The above images are in my "favorites" on Flickr.  You can click on their respective links for more information.  If I have used one of your photographs and you would like it removed, please contact me and I will do so immediately.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment