Monday, January 21, 2013

What I'm working on. . .

It's still busy as ever here at our house.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we're actually leaving.  I'm more sad about it than I expected.  We've been here, in this house, for six years now.  This is the longest I've ever lived in one place.  My dad was in the Air Force growing up and we moved a lot.  As in every couple of years.  I did manage to stay in one place for all four years of high school but then immediately moved again.  Then I joined the Air Force, married a Marine and I'm still moving.  So, I'm used to change. I like the nomadic life actually.  I get to try out new places and I've lived in some amazing areas.  Monterey, California anyone?  So I wasn't expecting this move to be so difficult.

Of course, since I've been here I've made tons of wonderful friends, bought my first house, remodeled my kitchen, started a large organic garden, bought a horse, started a business, sold the business, and generally imbedded myself in the community.  So, this move is going to be tough.  Luckily we're not going too far away so we can still visit often.

In between bouts of painting and cleaning I have been managing to sew every day.  Here's a little snapshot of the things I've been working on.

P1060467

Gorgeous quilt blocks go in the taped boxes.  I'm working on a quilt for Quiltcon.  It's part of the Quiltcon challenge from last year.  The quilt squares that didn't make it into the official Quiltcon quilt got parceled out to various Modern Quilt Guilds to be made into twin sized quilts for the Austin Children's Shelter.  I'll show you more on that soon.

Michael's Socks

These are the very pink socks that Chickadee promised her Uncle Mike a long, long time ago.  I'm finally working on them.  The pattern is Boyfriend Socks.  They're going pretty fast for size 12 feet.

P1060469

Oh, how I love this project.  I'm hoping to have it done by the first of February since I'll have a group of ladies over to show it off to on the second.  

Mendocino Windows

Love. 

I hope you're enjoying your MLK day today.  

Peace,
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment